Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nicole and Cam

"Amy, I just wanted to call and let you know, I found out I'm pregnant. And it's a boy." She actually found out all that information in one day. When Nicole went to the doctor to find out why she was feeling sick, she received a completely unexpected diagnosis. That was the day she found out she was 6 months pregnant and in a few weeks, an adorable little man would be making his way into her home.
I would have died. When I found out I was pregnant, I was terrified. Quite honestly - I cried. (For clarification, I have since learned that Hannah was one of the greatest things that ever could have happened to me) And I found out at the beginning. I had those nine-seems-like-eternity/excruciatingly long months to prepare. And pray. And be overwhelmed. Nicole on the other hand, embraced the quick turn of events in a beautiful (and highly organized - no wonder she helps coordinate weddings...) way. With the help of her amazing mother and friends, she prepared herself to welcome one of the most adorable little men I've ever laid eyes on. Nicole is beautiful, brave, patient and so many other things I would like to be.
She gave me a precious opportunity to spend a little part of the morning together with them. Though he had some hard moments I was overwhelmed with emotion as I watched Nicole patiently wrap him up in heaps of love. Enjoy precious little Cam. His photos bring tears to my eyes. And Nicole, thank you so much for letting me spend time with you guys. Watching you two interact reminded me of how thankful I should be for every moment.
(Side note - for any horizontal photos, just click on the photo to see the whole thing. In my lack of technological prowess, I have not yet been able to widen my blog so that these fit.)





1 comment:

Mandy said...

Amy... i love the amyP in and these pictures are great!!