Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm a Mess

Today I doubt everything. Today I am a mess. Today I want to run and hide.
I am overwhelmed. I am inadequate. I feel alone. I feel judged. I feel stupid. And I feel like running from it all.
But today, I feel that gentle whisper that’s glued to my soul. The deep places of my heart quietly remind me. He loves me. And He is here. And He will carry me when I need it. And He will wipe my tears when I find that taking one more step seems too scary for me. And He said that He goes before me and beside me. And even when everything within me screams failure and impossible and whatever other hopeless words come to mind, He screams beloved, cherished, possible and faithful.
So, with that in mind, I put before you some pictures of two constant reminders of that love in my life. (And I need to put a picture up of the third soon, that amazing husband of mine…) Because when I look at them and my heart gushes like Niagra Falls in the middle of a downpour and I realize that in my imperfection I cherish them this much…I guess He does love me like He says He does. I think He really means it.



2 comments:

Dea said...

I am sorry you feel like that, i feel the same way though. Just keep those positive things in mind even if it is hard. Cute pictures, your kids are adorable!

Mandy said...

hugs to you. Love Jmans belly and who doesnt love earmufs?